Chicago Blackhawks Patrick Kane and Fifth Third Bank Feed Kids in Chicago
On May 3, Blessings in a Backpack joined the Chicago Fifth Third Bank team in celebrating their National Day of Volunteerism, aka Fifth Third Day, by packing 4,000 bags to feed local children.
This all-day packing event took place at the Fifth Third Arena – Chicago Blackhawks Community Ice Rink, where 400 Fifth Third Employees volunteered to pack bags full of ready-to-eat food and write inspirational note cards. Afterward, some employees went ice skating!
One very cool guest stopped by — #88 for the Chicago Blackhawks, Patrick Kane. He graciously gave his time to help pack bags and snap pictures with excited Chicago Hawk fans.
The bags were donated to the following Blessings in a Backpack programs across Chicagoland:
- Benjamin Mays Elementary down in Englewood
- Lincolnwood Elementary in Evanston
- Red Oak School in Highland Park
- Atonement Covenant Church in Englewood
- Aurora Area Interfaith in Aurora
- A program that serves kiddos in Long Grove